Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mini-Review: Absolution by L.J. DeLeon

"Absolution" is the third book in the "Warriors of Light" series by L.J. DeLeon


He did the unforgivable. Druid Lucan Woods killed his surrogate father and best friend for the greater good. Wracked with guilt, he infiltrates a brotherhood of evil, hoping the mission is one way. Absolution may come from a missing Fae Princess, if he will accept it. Or will he reject her love and use her as a pawn in his drive to destroy the leader of the brotherhood? 
Fae Princess Alanna has just learned her twin daughters are alive. She leaves hIfreann to search Earth for them. Only she can touch Luc’s heart. But will he let her? Will he open his stained soul and allow her to enter in time to save them both?

     Jumping into the series on book 3 I don't feel I can give a completely accurate review of this book as part of the series, hence the "mini-review".

     Since I haven't read the previous books in the series I'm sure I'm not as invested in the characters as I could have been.  Even jumping in with the third book I enjoyed it.  It was a very original tale with lots of great characters.  I had a little trouble believing that Lucan and Alanna felt such a strong bond before even meeting each other however.  That aside, it was a sweet story.  I was looking for something a little lighter to read since coming off of a rather stressful book and this was just what I was looking for.  I'm interested in some of the side characters as well and would definitely like to go back sometime and read more about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment