I would like to welcome Emma Shade to the blog today. She's here to share her
top ten quotes from Finding Obscurity and how the idea for the book came to her.
Finding Obscurity came to me one night while sitting on the couch bored out of my mind. My husband was playing Call of Duty (yes, we are over 30 and play video games), there was nothing on TV, and Lily’s story popped in my head. With no direction, other than my main character, I started writing. I didn’t outline or know how it was going to end, but as my fingers flew across the keyboard, different characters displayed their quirks, a love triangle spurred to life, and the twists came out to play.
My characters have a life of their own. My top ten quotes from Finding Obscurity are:
1. Sam: “I will tell you what you were thinking,” he said. “Ashton Ryder is one hot piece of ass. H-O-T. He is one of those guys written in those steamy romance novels they sell and women dream about. Well some guys, too, like myself.”
2. Paige: “We have to be as quiet as possible. Vampires can hear a mouse fart a mile away, but lucky for us, Joe is vacuuming the floor upstairs.”
3. Ashton: “To make a long story short, he has an interest in Lily, and so do I, so there is a mutual need to keep her safe, even though he wants to get into her pants, too. Best to keep your friends close and your enemies closer.”
4. Sam: “It was worth a shot. Besides, I’m pretty sure that the only one who sparkles in this room is me.”
5. Blake Moore: “Pity. That explains why I never knew you existed. If I would have known how pretty you were, I would have been here a long time ago.”
6. Sam: “Hey, I know how you are with coffee, and since we’re up way too early, I didn’t want bitchy Lily with us today.”
7. Lily: “I knew it was you anyway. Freaky superpowers, remember?”
8. Paige: “I always wanted to be a Bond Girl.”
9. Ashton: “If only they knew who you really are and could see you the way I do, then they would know that you’re amazing.”
10. Lily: “I don’t think she would hurt me, except maybe with her smartass comments.”
After she loses everything she has ever cared about ten years ago, Lily decides it's time to find answers about her past and why she has special powers. But when you can’t control seeing the future, and you hold enough electricity inside you to black out an entire city block, it doesn’t always make life easy.
She swore she would never care about anyone ever again after that fateful day so long ago. Then she meets sexy club owner, Ashton Ryder. Lily can’t afford to fall for Ashton. Then there is handsome, powerful, Blake Moore, who wants to help her with more than just her powers. She has to learn to trust people and let them into her heart, even as things spiral out of control.
Not only does she learn Ashton has a secret that will make her question everything she ever thought was real, but Lily finds out that her birth parents are anything but ordinary. Just when Lily thinks she has everything figured out, someone is determined to destroy her - because she isn’t supposed to be
About the Author
Emma lives in Indiana with her husband and three crazy cats. When she’s not busy writing her next novel, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, listening to music, taking naps, or curled up with a good book.
Connect with Emma:
a Rafflecopter giveaway