Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review: "Entwined with You" by Sylvia Day

The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires… 

From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…

_______________________________________________________________________________

     First, I would like to say that the sex in this book is hot... extremely. I will admit after one particular scene I needed to have a cigarette. The chemistry between Gideon and Eva is so breathtaking that you can almost feel it when you are reading the book. 

     The reason I gave this book 3/5 stars is because there are way to many things going on around and to this couple to keep them apart. No couple can truly have this many issues. When an author puts that many antagonistic issues in a novel it starts to take away from the true storyline. I stopped counting after 25...seriously. One new problem that arises truly flies out from left field and I found myself laughing at 1:00 am in the morning. Before I could truly get annoyed by yet another problem coming their way a hot sex scene would come up and appease me for a few chapters. I seriously wondered if Wile E. Coyote was going to come out and try and drop a boulder on them to add to the list of people/places/things against them. 

      I'm a reader... and I love romance novels. I truly thought the first two books were amazing.  I felt this novel spent too much time trying to lay the groundwork for the next two. Here's hoping the next one will lay the problems Gideon and Eva have... and there are many... to rest.




1 comment:

  1. This series is one of my guilty pleasures so I'll make sure that I have a cigarette on hand when I do read it. I'm sad to hear about the 25+ problems Gideon and Eva have but I will read it all the same for a cheap thrill. LOL Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete