Friday, May 10, 2013

Review: "A Soul for Vengeance" by Crista McHugh


Nothing stirs up Chaos like Vengeance.

When Prince Kell returns to Ranello, he finds his homeland in ashes. The invaders from Thallus destroyed everything he held dear, leaving him heir to a throne he can’t claim. The thirst for vengeance consumes him and drives him right into the arms of the most unlikely of rebel leaders.

Zara has fought for months to keep the hopes of the Ranellian people alive. Finding Kell is just the thing their dying rebellion needs. But as she tries to soothe Kell’s bitterness and turn him into the leader he’s meant to be, she finds herself desiring the one man she believes she’ll never have. A man whose heart was broken by a yellow-haired witch named Arden Soulbearer.
________________________________________________________________________________

A Soul for Vengeance is the third book in Crista McHugh's Soulbearer Trilogy.

I have been anxiously awaiting this third and final book!  This is a truly unique series that I have just fallen in love with.  Crista McHugh has created such amazing characters and such vivid world building  that it would be hard for someone to not love this series.  

We've been following Arden and Dev's story for the most part throughout the last two books and their struggles coping with the Chaos God.  This book still continues their story but really focuses on Kell since parting with Arden.  I have to admit, I was a little concerned when I heard it wouldn't be all Arden and Dev but I should have known that Ms. McHugh wouldn't disappoint.  One of the traits I value most in an author's writing is the ability for you to "see" the world they've built.  She does an amazing job of this!  I feel like I'm right there in the towns and scenes she describes.

Arden is a strong, compassionate character and I love her interactions with the Chaos God and Dev.  It takes quite a woman to handle these guys and their powers.  I wish Dev would have admitted his feeling to her earlier, but what would be the fun in that?!  

I honestly can't remember how I came across this series initially but I'm so glad I did.  It has been an amazing and unique series.  I have had the chance to read some of Crista McHugh's other books as well and they have all been great.  Definitely one of my new favorite authors!

To find out more about Crista and her books, visit her website at http://www.cristamchugh.com/wordpress/.

"A Soul for Vengeance" will be released May 14th, 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment