Friday, September 2, 2011

Review: "One Grave at a Time" by Jeaniene Frost

   I was so excited for this book to come out... just couldn't wait for more Bones.  While I loved the book, I was a little disappointed that we didn't get a little more of the sexy Bones that we're used to.  There was only one good, okay great, scene about 3/4 of the way through.  The battles weren't even up to par for me.  Cat definitely kicked ass but I didn't feel like Bones got into the melee as much as usual.  Glad to see Shade and Ian but really missed Vlad.
   Cat's ghost friend, Fabian, has another ghost friend in need of their assistance.  Elizabeth has been trying to rid the world of an evil ghost for many years and thinks that Cat and Bones may be able to help.  She is after the ghost, Kramer, that burned her to death due to the fact that he thought she was a witch.  He spends his time harassing the women he has selected for the year.  Each Halloween he is able to become corporeal and proceeds to beat, rape and burn these victims at the stake that he believes are witches.  Not only do Cat and Bones have to deal with their ghostly issues, but there are major upheavals at her old operations base.   While Cat tries to deal with this she must also find a way to kill Kramer who is, of course, already dead (really dead as Cat says).
   While I want to give this 5 stars just because I got more Bones time, I have to give it just a 4 this time.


 

1 comment: